Based on our original telecom experience of making Twincore fibers for the Add/drop mutiplexers, iXblue in collaboration with Photonics Bretagne is now offering Multicore fibers for shape and temperature/strain sensing.
Multicore fibers can be used in a large variety of sensing application where the need to reduce the global footprint is also required for cables and connectors.
Multicore fibers have photosensitive cores, allowing Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG) inscription and can be tailored to match the exact customer specifications.
Benefits & Features
- Multiple cores
- Shape sensing
- Photosensitive core for FBG inscription
- Suitable when reduced space is required
- Custom designs possible from 4 to 12 cores
- Active & rare earth doped multicore fiber on request
- Shape ensings
- Temperature and Strain Sensors
12 core Er/Yb co-doped
12 core passive